It is with great regret but with paramount safety in mind for the devotees, we
as the Temple committee are having to take steps to suspend in-person functions
at the Temple for the foreseeable future.
Our optimism was high that people would not catch Covid during functions at the
Temple. However, having celebrated Navratri at the Temple, a number of cases
have come to the fore, both for some devotees and committee members.
We have some major functions upcoming in our diary where there will be
gatherings of a lot of people in a confined space. With the number of Covid
cases on the rise within our community, a drastic step is now being taken to
suspend all in-person functions. The Temple will remain open for individual
prayers and a one way system introduced like what we had during the lock-down
What this means is that:
1. Prayers of Karva Chowth, like last year, will be conducted online. You can
still come and offer your individual prayers at the Temple but the Karva Chowth
pooja will be held online. Zoom details are below.
2. On Diwali day, the Temple will remain open 9am to 9pm for individual prayers
and darshan but the evening Diwali fireworks will cancelled.
3. Chopda poojan will be done online.
4. On Annakot day, the Temple will remain open 9am to 9pm for individual prayers
and darshan, but there will not be an evening function.
5. No activities where there is a mass gathering. Therefore Mataji Chownki,
meeting of Elderly group, Jalaram Jayanti, Sai Baba Jayanti, Tulsi Vivah, etc...
will be suspended.
6. Sunday group singing will also be suspended.
7. A one-way system will be re-introduced in the Temple.
8. Mask wearing in the Temple and hand-sanitising prior to entry will be
We understand that this is a tough call to make, and the whole committee is
unanimous in this decision. The safety and well-being of all our Devotees is
paramount and we have to ensure that we stop the spread of Covid within our
community. We need to ensure that the vulnerable within our community are kept
Thank you for your understanding.
Vedic Society Committee
To keep everyone safe please follow the Temple entry rules.
Please do not come to the Temple if:
▪ you or anyone in your household have high
fever, new continuous cough, loss of taste &
smell or not well (cold or flu).
▪ you or anyone in your household has tested positive for Covid-19.
▪ you had close contact with a person who may
▪ anyone in your household is self-isolating or
has been asked to self-isolate by Test & Trace.
▪ you or anyone in your household have travelled
in the past 14 days and are self-isolating.
Inside the Temple, Face masks are compulsory, use Hand sanitizer
and maintain Social distancing.
All excess milk after Abhishekam to be taken away by the devotee.
Temple opening times are given above.
Please note that the early Sunday Aarti has been changed to 12 noon.